Thursday, September 19, 2013

The post I never wanted to write


18 wins ago, #206 was a unique and excitable win for me.  I won a bouquet of wax roses with a piece of jewelry attached. The win was from Cyndee over at Rude Mom Blog.  I want to start with the fact that while sometimes hard to reach Cyndee has been nothing but polite and flexible in talking to me.  I do not have a ton of information about why the company hasn't sent out the prize but the blogger did inform me that she is also missing some compensation as well so that makes me slightly angry.

So after a huge 224 wins this is the very first time that I didn't get my prize.  While im bummed I have to remember two things.

One: 
This happens.
From what I understand in the sweeper community it's a fairly common occurrence.  It's a shame that a company would set up a giveaway and not commit.  It can also sometimes make the blogger look bad or cause tension between them and the readers, which I am not okay with.  Luckily im understanding and I know it is not her fault.

Two:
It was Free.
This is my hobby.  It doesn't cost me anything.  I do it when I have time, sometimes I have more time than others but it brings me a lot of pleasure to enter and to win things.  The bottom line is though that This is a prize and while I did a small amount of work to "earn" it, it in question is still something that I didn't have before.  So basically I am not really that upset because it's not like I got the prize and then they took it back, I never had it to begin with so I am not attached to something.  I also get that it isn't that big of a deal, there are more important things to be angry about in todays world.

I will still read Rude Mom, I will still participate in her giveaways.  I will Not be buying or recommending that anyone buy products from Jewelry Candles.

I don't know how to handle the number of wins at this point, it would be easy to just keep going but in fact I have to subtract one win from my tally.  We'll cross that bridge at some point I guess.

No comments: